Courtesy of Betty Crocker
Pina Colada Cake
25 min Prep Time
Total Time 2 hr 10 min
All the flavors in the popular tropical drink come together in a dreamy frosted cake.
+ Ingredients +
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Whipped white frosting
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
+ Directions +
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease and lightly flour bottoms and sides of two 8- or 9-inch round cake pans or bottom only of 13×9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, pineapple, water, oil, eggs and 1 teaspoon of the rum extract with electric mixer on low speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally (do not overbeat). Pour into pan(s).
- Bake as directed on box. For rounds, cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Cool 13×9 in pan.
- Stir remaining 1 teaspoon rum extract into frosting. Place 1 cake layer, rounded side down, on serving plate. Spread with 1/3 cup frosting. Top with second layer, rounded side up. Frost side and top of cake with remaining frosting; sprinkle with toasted coconut. For 13×9, frost top of cake with frosting; sprinkle with toasted coconut. Store loosely covered.